This self-directed medicine making class is designed to be useful for the absolute beginner and the seasoned herbal practitioner alike. The basics are well covered, and in addition you will learn advanced skills necessary to be ahead of the current medicine making curve.
Join Thomas while he teaches everything from maceration to soxlet extraction. You will also learn the art of herbal formulation by body systems, and how to make the most of your materials by creating concentrated medicines.
Information you will gain from our course includes:
- How to make standard tinctures, teas, decoctions, salves, compresses, glycerites to address common health complaints
- How to make soxhlet extracts, vacuum distillation concentrates, tea powder concentrates and tincture powder concentrates many times more potent than those available commercially.
- Understanding the principles of how to create your own clinically useful formulas
- Having a repertory of proven formulas at your fingertips, and understand when and how to use them.
The online course includes:
- Over 50 instructional videos
- Formulation theory and application for every body system
- Self-directed study
- An extensive collection of herbal recipes, from medicinal wines to healing body butters.
- An online discussion forum where you can communicate with students and staff, including Thomas Easley.
- Lifetime access to our online classroom, containing all class materials.
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory – A Medicine Making Guide by Thomas Easley and Steven Horne
- Available on amazon and at most major bookstores
- General registration fee paid in full is $449, or a monthly payment of $45 for 11 months.
Thomas Easley is a Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild, co-author of Modern Herbal Medicine and the Modern Herbal Dispensatory and Director of the Eclectic School of Herbal Medicine.