PLEASE NOTE: We are in the process of updating and relaunching all of our certificate programs. The new programs includes exciting new classes, updates to core curriculum classes, and new assignments to help students interact with the material in a more hands-on way. When we the program update is launched, tuition cost will go up to reflect the increase in content and student-teacher interactions. If you sign up before relaunch, you get the lower price locked in AND receive all of the new material as it comes out.
This is our most advanced online certification pathway. It provides the education and experience needed to be a competent and confident clinical practitioner. The Clinical Herbal Practitioner course continues to build on the framework provided in the Clinical Family and Clinical Community Herbalist programs. Students will complete modules on the body systems, functional bloodwork, phytochemistry, and more. Students who complete the Clinical Herbal Practitioner program will be able to recognize the patterns of disease and implement the appropriate protocols to return to health.
We are planning on relaunching the Clinical Program in the next year. Currently it has two parts that will become two separate tiers when we relaunch. We have the coursework and active clinicals. The course work is self paced and you can begin anytime. Active clinicals begin twice per year and include a required in-person clinical orientation in Lowgap, NC as well as a live, online 8 week classes series. You must complete both the in-person and online classes before you begin seeing clients.
To get an idea of our consulting style we encourage you to sign up for a free preview of a series of live consultations HERE.
What you get:
- An Integrative Approach to Autoimmunity
- An Integrative Approach to Thyroid Disorders
- An Integrative Approach to the Cardiovascular System
- An Integrative Approach to the Urinary System
- An Integrative Approach to the Respiratory System
- An Integrative Approach to the Lymphatic System
- An Integrative Approach to the Immune System
- An Integrative Approach to the Structural System and Pain management
- An Integrative Approach to the Female Reproductive System
- An Integrative Approach to the Male Reproductive System
- Functional Blood Work Interpretation
- Fatigue Differentials
- The Phytochemistry of Consciousness
- Monthly livestreamed consultations with moderated chat group and Q&A
- Live monthly Q&As
- Access to private facebook group and nonmedia forum to ask questions and connect with your cohort.
- Access to optional in-person weekends
- Access to Thomas and Mel’s weekly office hours
- Access to weekly live case reviews (if you are not in active clinicals it’s watch only)
- Access to a large database of recorded cases with intake forms and blood work
- Guided Mentorship during your clinicals, including progress meetings every 5 cases
- Graduate case review and mentorship up to 400 clinical hours (What is required for AHG Professional Membership)
- Monthly clinical skills classes during active clinicals
Live and/or In Person Requirements:
- 2 Day Clinic Orientation Weekend (before seeing clients after all coursework is complete)
- 3 day Final Examination (After all assignments, coursework and clinicals are complete)
- Low Dose Botanicals Weekend (This is not required to graduate but is required if you are interested in working with and ordering low dose botanicals through our school apothecary).
- Live, online 8 week Relational Health and Clinical Skills Training Series ((before seeing clients after all coursework and the clinical orientation is complete)
Optional In-Person Classes: We have a variety of in-person classes focused on medicine making, sensory experiencing of materia medica based on different body systems, a low dose botanicals weekend as well as fun guest teachers. These classes are only for certificate program students and allow you to meet your cohort, spend time with Thomas and Mel, and get to know the plants.
What you will be able to do when you complete certification: When you graduate from the clinical program, you will be able to work as a practicing clinical herbalist.
Cost: $2,650. The bundle does not include the price of the Clinical Family Herbalist and Clinical Community Herbalist certifications, the live/in-person classes or active clinicals. If you buy all three tiers at once, you get a discounted rate of $4815. We offer two payment plans, $278 for 18 months or $210 for 24 months. Clinic Orientation weekend is $150 and the 8 week live, online clinical skills and relational health course is $450.
Time: The coursework part of this program is 100% self paced, therefore the time it takes to complete it depends heavily on the amount of time you devote to the course. It takes folks anywhere between 6 months to 2 years to complete..The second part of this program is active clinicals and takes 8 months to 1.5 years to complete, depending the pace at which you take on clients.
Requirements for Certification:
- Complete all coursework
- Complete and turn in all take home tests and assignments, revise and resubmit as needed
- 5 Monograph Papers
- Attend one in-person Clinical Weekend (held twice a year)
- Attend one 10 week live clinical skills training class series (held twice a year)
- See 20 clients (Initial Intake, present at case review, Plan Presentation with client, two follow ups, turn in updated client SOAP notes)
- Clinical Skills self-assessments and progress meetings with Mel at case #5, #10, #15, and #20
- Peer Case Assignments and active participation in case reviews
- Exit meeting and final progress report with Mel after you turn in all of your cases
- Pass the Comprehensive Final Exam with an 80% or higher
Clinical Herbalism In Action - The Series151 Lessons $40.00 / month
Monthly Q&As26 Lessons Free
An Integrative Approach to Herbal Medicine19 Lessons $100.00
The Art and Science of Plant Medicine Making(5) 5.0 average rating117 Lessons
Herbal Medicine for Acute Care43 Lessons $400.00
Cultivating Critical Thinking Skills with Traci Picard6 Lessons $50.00