PLEASE NOTE: We are in the process of updating and relaunching all of our certificate programs. The new programs includes exciting new classes, updates to core curriculum classes, and new assignments to help students interact with the material in a more hands-on way. When we the program update is launched, tuition cost will go up to reflect the increase in content and student-teacher interactions. If you sign up before relaunch, you get the lower price locked in AND receive all of the new material as it comes out.
The Community Herbalist certification program builds on the foundations of the Clinical Family Herbalist course. In the Clinical Community Herbalist course, students are introduced to the two most vital body systems: the digestive system and the nervous system. Students will also learn about mental health, systemic inflammation, insulin resistance, public health, scope of practice and the energetics of traditional Western herbalism, and traditional assessment.
What you get:
- The Clinical Family Herbalist Certification
- An Integrative Approach to Systemic Inflammation
- An Integrative Approach to the Digestive System
- An Integrative Approach to Insulin Resistance and Obesity
- An Integrative Approach to the Nervous System
- An Integrative Approach to Mental Health
- Traditional Western Assessment
- The Theory and Application of Traditional Western Herbalism – A Course on Energetics
- Live monthly Q&As
- Access to private facebook group and nonmedia forum to ask questions and connect with your cohort.
- Access to option in-person weekends
What you will be able to do when you complete certification: This course is perfect for those who plan on doing herbal work in their communities, working at an herb shop or for people who want a deeper understanding of the body and herbalism. Students who intend to see clients professionally should plan on continuing on to the Clinical Herbal Practitioner course.
Cost: $1475.00 or 12 payments of $123. This does not include the Clinical Family Herbalist Certification, a prerequisite for the Community Program
Time: This program is 100% self paced, therefore the time it takes to complete it depends heavily on the amount of time you devote to the course. It takes folks anywhere between 3-12 months to complete generally.
Requirements for Certification:
- Complete all coursework
- 10 monograph papers
- Turn in and revise all open book tests as needed
- Completion of 2 projects; one on public health and one on scope of practice in herbalism
Monthly Q&As26 Lessons Free
An Integrative Approach to Systemic Inflammation25 Lessons $200.00
An Integrative Approach to the Digestive System35 Lessons $300.00
An Integrative Approach to Insulin Resistance and Obesity9 Lessons $150.00
An Integrative Approach to the Nervous System11 Lessons $200.00
Traditional Western Assessment and the Consultation Process5 Lessons $100.00